As an adult, it is so easy to justify putting off a dental cleaning or appointment. There are already so many things demanding your time and attention that going to the dentist is far down your to-do list. Some people wait so long to schedule an appointment that they decide that it’s too late.
The truth is that it’s never too late to see a dentist and here are 7 reasons why you should make that appointment today.
- A healthy mouth supports overall health. Oral bacteria and the inflammation associated with gum disease can play a role in a person developing endocarditis, cardiovascular disease, and pneumonia. Periodontitis has also been linked to premature birth and low birth rate. A healthy mouth means a healthier you.
- Dental problems can negatively impact preexisting health issues. Diabetes reduces a person’s resistance to infection, which means that excessive mouth bacteria can become a serious problem. Also, poor oral health may be linked to Alzheimer’s disease progression.
- Dental visits can diagnosis small problems before they become big ones. Whether its tooth decay or gum issues, early diagnosis means you can receive less-invasive treatment at a lower cost than if you delay care.
- Regular visits keep your smile bright. It is true that one of the first things someone notices about you is your smile. Avoid potential embarrassment by keeping that smile bright and beautiful.
- It doesn’t cost as much as you think. Many people are surprised at how affordable standard dental cleanings and exams are. There are also many dental insurance options on the market that can help with the cost if you require more extensive treatment. Contact us if you have questions about the cost of your dental care.
- Dental anxiety is real and treatable. Between 9% and 15% of Americans have avoided going to the dentist because of anxiety or fear. The most common fear is that they will experience pain. At Petrone Family Dentistry, we understand these fears and will work with you to address them. Our relaxed office environment, helpful staff, skilled technicians and caring dentist will provide the best treatment experience possible so that you can receive necessary cleanings and exams with minimal stress.
- We won’t give you a lecture. We understand that some people are uncomfortable seeing a dentist and put off scheduling an appointment. Our focus isn’t on the past, but on the present state of your oral health and what we can do to improve it so your future smile is bright.
We know that you are busy and that there are a lot of reasons why you don’t want to see the dentist, but remember that your oral health is important to your overall well-being. The dentist and staff at Petrone Family Dentistry have worked with hundreds of adults, just like you, who were anxious about scheduling an appointment, especially if it’s been a while since their last one.
It doesn’t matter how long it has been since you’ve seen a dentist, just give us a call today. We work hard to assure that our patients are as comfortable as possible while providing needed services, and will take necessary steps to help manage your anxiety. Call us at 904-783-0917 to schedule an appointment that fits your needs, or go online to request one.